2023 Test Automation Trends
Stay Ahead of the Game
Welcome to our latest blog post! Today we’re going to talk about the test automation trends that are expected to shape the industry in 2023. As a software testing company it’s important to stay ahead of the game and understand the latest trends in test automation. Here are some of the top trends we predict for 2023:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: With the increasing use of AI and ML in software development we expect to see more test automation tools incorporating these technologies to improve test coverage and efficiency. These tools will be able to learn from past test results and use that knowledge to optimize future testing. Examples of AI-powered test automation tools include Testim, TestCraft and Applitools.
- Cloud-based testing: Cloud-based testing is becoming increasingly popular as it allows for more flexibility and scalability in testing. We expect to see more companies moving their testing infrastructure to the cloud in 2023. This will allow them to test their applications on multiple platforms and configurations without having to set up multiple test environments. Examples of cloud-based test automation tools include Sauce Labs and BrowserStack.
- Continuous Testing: With the rise of Agile and DevOps the need for continuous testing has become increasingly important. We expect to see more companies integrating continuous testing into their software development process in 2023. This will allow them to catch and fix issues early in the development process leading to higher quality software. Examples of continuous testing tools include Jenkins, TeamCity and CircleCI.
- Test Automation Frameworks: As more and more organizations are adopting test automation we expect to see an increase in the number of test automation frameworks being developed in 2023. These frameworks will provide a standardized approach to test automation and make it easier for organizations to maintain and scale their test automation efforts. Examples of test automation frameworks include Selenium, Playwright Cypress.
- Mobile Testing: With the increasing use of mobile devices mobile testing will continue to be a crucial aspect of test automation in 2023. This includes testing on multiple mobile platforms such as iOS and Android as well as testing for different screen sizes and resolutions.
- IoT and Cybersecurity Testing: As the Internet of Things (IoT) becomes more prevalent we expect to see an increase in the demand for IoT and cybersecurity testing in 2023. This will include testing the security of IoT devices and the communication between them as well as testing the security of the software and systems that control them. Examples of IoT and cybersecurity test automation tools include OWASP ZAP.
By staying ahead of these trends your company can ensure that you are using the latest and most effective test automation tools and techniques. If you’re interested in learning more about how these trends can be applied to your company’s test automation strategy, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be happy to chat and help you stay ahead of the game in 2023.